FETO Murders

Reyhanli Attack

Reyhanli Attack

On May 11, 2013, 2 bomb-laden vehicles exploded in Hatay’s Reyhanlı district. A total of 52 people were martyred, 146 people were injured.

FETO prosecutor Özcan Şişman chose not to prevent the attack despite the intelligence he had from the MIT. Reyhanli attack is the second biggest terrorist attack in the history of the Republic of Turkey after the terrorist attack in Ankara on October 10, 2015. The attacks took place on May 11, 2013 at 13:37 and 13:40 in Reyhanlı district of Hatay. The first explosion occurred in front of the Municipality Management building and the second explosion occurred near the PTT (post office) building. As a result of the bombs exploded in these two civilian concentrated regions, 52 civilians were martyred and 146 civilians were injured.

During the investigation about the attack, it was revealed that the intelligence agency MIT had prepared a report on the vehicles carrying out the attack. MIT report dated April 23, 2013 documented that three cars were loaded with explosives in Raqqa, Syria, and that they were planned to be used in attacks in Turkey. The exact time frame of the attack could not be determined in the report. Two of these three vehicles are those that carry out the Reyhanlı Attack.

“I told them not to interfere with our business”

The investigation also revealed that, none of the 73 city surveillance cameras  across the district were working during the time of the explosion. This information revealed that there was cooperation not only negligence in the terrorist attack.

In the later phases of the investigation, it was revealed that FETO prosecutor Özcan Şişman had  received the intelligence about the attack from the intelligence agency MIT, but did not activate the police force. Özcan Şişman is the prosecutor who is known to have stopped the MIT aid trucks on January 1, 2014 and was arrested for this reason.

In a letter revealed by the prosecutor conducting the investigation and sent by the prosecutor Şişman to journalist Can Dündar, Şişman admitted that he had received intelligence regarding the attack from the MIT. In his letter to Can Dündar, Prosecutor Şişman states that “While the investigation was ongoing, an official from the MIT arrived on Wednesday, May 8, three days before the Reyhanlı attack. This official was in an uneasy and panic state. He insisted that we carry out an operation. I told them not to interfere with our business.”

FETO prosecutor Şişman did not act

Prosecutor Özcan Şişman wrote a letter to Can Dündar, explaining the process. In his letter, Şişman admitted that exchanges regarding the attack were obtained during technical surveillance. The letter continued as follows: “However, it could not be determined if any action was taken. MIT officials offered several times to carry out an operation. I told them that the evidence was not noteworthy and the Intelligence agency also had the authority to prevent it, they should share the information received with the police and not interfere with our business.” In other words, despite the bombers were tapped and the MIT’s insistence to “carry out an operation”, FETO prosecutor Şişman did not act and told the MIT “do not interfere with their business”.

The terrorist organization who carried out the attack via its international leg with the help of FETO prosecutor was THKP-C. THKP-C is a  terrorist organization fighting in alliance with the Syrian Baath Regime. The ringleader of the organization is wanted by Turkey red bulletin.

Report on Fetullah Terror Organization's (FETO) Involvement in the 15 July Failed Coup

Follow Us